Visit MargaretPerry.org

Visit MargaretPerry.org
The Great Katharine Hepburn has relocated to margaretperry.org, where you will find even more amazing reviews and commentaries on films from the classic era to today!

31 July 2013

The Summer Under the Stars Blogathon 2013 is Finally Here!

Every year in August Turner Classic Movies hosts "Summer Under the Stars" (SUTS), a month-long movie marathon celebrating the biggest names in acting history. Each day features the films of one notable actor or actress.


A complete listing of the SUTS schedule can be downloaded from the TCM website HERE. Join the Twitter conversation with #TCMSummer or #[actors last name]TCM. The official Facebook page for the blogathon can be found HERE


This is the second year of the SUTS Blogathon hosted by classic-film-bloggers-extraordinary Jill Blake from Sittin' on a Backyard Fence and Michael Nazarewycz from Scribe Hard on Film, so check out their blogs for more information about the blogathon. Participants may chose as many or as few stars to write about as they wish. Some hard-core bloggers will write a post a day, one for each of the 31 stars. For each post you write, your name will be entered into the raffle for the three DVD prizes - the more you write, the better your chances of winning. Anyone who participates at least once is entered for the grand prize - just once - for a $50 gift certificate to the TCM store. Pretty sweet, n'est pas?

Last year I contributed eight articles (Lillian Gish, Jeanette MacDonald, Gary Cooper, Gene Kelly, Ginger Rogers, Sidney Poitier, Myrna Loy, and Katharine Hepburn). This year I will be selecting my favorite featured stars (alas, Miss Hepburn is not in the running this year). In the hope to be able to include more of my favorites, the posts will be on the lighter side, rather than the lengthy in-depth essays I wrote last year. They will probably include anecdotes about and quotes by the actor, a few images, and my recommendation for at least one must-watch film made by that star.

My goal with this project is to introduce my readers to some of my favorite personalities from classic Hollywood without overwhelming them with too much heavy biography and theory. If one of the stars catches your interest, I suggest checking out the posts of the other SUTS participants to learn more about the performer.

Thank you so much for dropping by. I would absolutely love it if you would share any questions or observations in the comment box below each post. I love hearing from my readers! 

1 comment:

  1. Weeeee! Looks like we're both pretty excited (yet a little dismayed that Katharine Hepburn won't be featured this year)! I'm really looking forward to reading everyone's posts :)

    ReplyDelete

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

ShareThis