Visit MargaretPerry.org

Visit MargaretPerry.org
The Great Katharine Hepburn has relocated to margaretperry.org, where you will find even more amazing reviews and commentaries on films from the classic era to today!

03 January 2013

What's Up, January 2013!

Happy New Year, everybody! I am sorry I have been AWOL for the last week or so. Since returning from my six-month stay in England, I've been zipping around seeing old friends. I have finally settled down and am now looking for a real job. Until then, it is back to full-time blogging!

2012 was a great year for me, especially in regards to starting this blog. When I began blogging in the spring, I had no idea how rewarding I would find it! I was also pleasantly surprised to find such a warm and welcoming classic film blogging community. It has been a wonderful experience reading what others have to say about the movies, actors, and directors I love.

I have high hopes for 2013. I have recently started a book review blog called Lit. and a Latte, which I hope will help me grow as a writer while also encouraging me to read more. If you follow The Cinematic Katzenjammer, you may have noticed that I am now writing a daily column called "TCM Today." Many of my articles from The Great Katharine Hepburn are also featured in the "Classic Katz" section of The Cinematic Katzenjammer. Kristen from Journeys in Classic Film has also contributed a number of posts to that page.

Turner Classic Movies is bringing us another fantastic month of programming this January. While flipping through my "Now Playing Guide," I was taken aback by how few of the films on offer this month I have seen. It will be a month for experimentation and exploration for me! 
Four Katharine Hepburn films will be shown this January on TCM:

THE SEA OF GRASS (1947): January 7 at 11:30 am
THE IRON PETTICOAT (1956): January 9 at 4:45 pm
THE PHILADELPHIA STORY (1940): January 18 at 2:00 pm
UNDERCURRENT (1946): January 22 at 1:30 pm


Loretta Young
I look forward to getting to know star of the month Loretta Young a bit better. I am also excited about the series of "Great Capers" films TCM has chosen to feature throughout the month. I daresay this will help me chose a topic for my contribution to the Scenes of the Crime Blogathon.


Dick Van Dyke
The 19th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards (SAG) will be held on January 27th. The films of the Lifetime Achievement Award honoree Dick Van Dyke will be showcased on TCM on the 21st. Dick Van Dyke is one of my favorite performers, and I could not be more pleased for him.


Danny Kaye
This January is also a big month for Danny Kaye, who would have turned 100 this year. I look forward to watching this versatile performer in some of his best-loved films on January 20th on TCM.


Bette Davis
I was pleased to see that a good handful of Bette Davis films will be aired this month on TCM. Though I do not believe I have ever formally claimed it, BD is one of my favorite actresses. I am sorry that I have not seen more of her films, so this will be my month to catch up. I am particularly keen to finally see DARK VICTORY (1939), OLD ACQUAINTANCE (1943), THE NANNY (1965), and THE LITTLE FOXES (1941).

Thank you all for following this blog. I hope that you get as much pleasure out of reading it that I get writing it. I wish you all the very best in the new year!

1 comment:

  1. I hope 2013 to be a marvelous year for both of us, Margaret! And TCM for sure have many cool pics for this month.
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

ShareThis